Monday 13 April 2009

Tulsi

Tulsi is such a chill environment - it's in the style of bungalows, with big benches at every table and beautiful fabrics that cover every bench. The tables are made out of natural pieces of wood that weren't cut or formed; there are natural wood sculptures around. Overhead are elephant-decorated lamps hanging down from the bamboo-thatched roof. I spend about 2 hours in there, eating breakfast and drinking my banana lassi.
Delphine and Jess are there, after receiving body massages, but leave shortly after for a yoga lesson. I sit for a while talking with the owner Amit. I compliment him on the great atmosphere of the place. He immediately asks ME for any of MY ideas on how to improve the place. I was so honored- that he wanted to hear my ideas!
I tell him something that might go well with the chill atmosphere is beanbags and maybe shisha. He mentions having a computer corner, a stone therapy massage table and a music/DJ corner. He owns another restaurant near the local gym and used to be an art teacher. He offers to make me some chai and talk. Hannah joins us and two of us have a great conversation while smoking beedies. Being alone, we are able to talk about the stress/tension that did actually exists this weekend, traveling with 5 people, Jess and Frenchie. I am able to confide in her that amanda stresses me out. Anyway, the two of us hit up the Ayurvedic medicinal centre, where I have a 30min, 45rps ear-cleansing and body balance purification. Amazing!
She pours this warm, soothing oil into my ear and plugs it up. It is supposed to clean out the body-balancing properties of the ear. I head straight to the guest house for my FULL body massage ! It is a bit awkward talking to Anook since I could barely hear out of my ear, still plugged with cotton. I do remember listening, much more in tune to my body with my ears plugged.
I had to take all my clothes off for my massage, except for my undies. The masseuse starts with each of my legs but was rubbing so firmly that I was gripping on to the edge of the bed! The best though was my lower back, I was groaning in relief because it was so tight before. Without warning, he pulls down my underwear and starts massaging my ass! How embarasssing!
He worked a little more on my back to finish.
All the girls were outside, so we decide to stay the afternoon and catch a bus back later that evening. We smoke a little more on the porch with Klaus and some new dreadlocked hippies, one with mental green eyes.
We pack up a little after that and head back to Tulsi for lunch and the rest of the afternoon.

No comments: